Site Inactive
Membership
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

About Dragon Age

With the Fifth Blight plaguing the lands and Ferelden about to spark into civil war, the survival of your people hangs in the balance.  Make allies and enemies, friends and foes, lovers and rivals alike... but do not forget the looming threat from the underground.

The story so far... 

The Grey Wardens are still the only ones who realize that this is indeed a blight, and have sent out small party to begin recruiting across Ferelden.  While Duncan and King Cailan prepare a force to station in Ostagar, the wardens do their best to bolster their numbers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Age Forum Index -> The Frostback mountains
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

re: Thrown Away (Recruitment)

Desten blinked as the dwarf got up and pushed away by himself. "Relax and wait a moment. Any 'Carta' that's coming for us will have to hear of this first. Which gives me time to fix that shoulder a bit." He crossed his arms and stayed put. "Besides, I can't leave Dust Town until I've gotten what I came for."

Delcan Damsein

The dwarf kept walking, whether or not Desten followed. "I'll be fine. Got people te look after me. Walk an' talk, sir. What're ye after in ol' Dust Town?"

Zestyn

Desten grumbled as yet another dwarf rescuer sped ahead. "I'm looking for someone of potential."

Delcan Damsein

The dwarf halted and turned, giving Desten an incredulous look. "Ye don't know Dust Town well now, do ye?" He shook his head and chuckled to himself and continued on.

Zestyn

Desten grinned as the dwarf looked at him. "Not really, but I was told not to go here by one of my commanders. That was reason enough." He quickly caught up with the dwarf, keeping pace with him.

Delcan Damsein

The dwarf laughs quietly. "This is Dust Town, friend. Ye don't come 'ere. No one comes 'ere. Ye won't find what ye're lookin' for. All ye can do is leave as soon as ye can." He looks forward, focusing on walking without further injuring himself and keeping an eye out for the Carta.

Zestyn

Desten shakes his head. "No, I know this is where I can find someone worth my time. The worst places to live breed the best survivors."

Delcan Damsein

"Oh, aye. They're survivin', but they ain't livin'. Ye don't want th' dishonor o' havin' a casteless with ye." He heaved a sigh. "We're here te be forgotten. Ah, say. What's yer name?"

Zestyn

Desten shrugs as they move through the alleyways. "I don't really care about the dwarf castes. Character means more than class to me." He then offers the dwarf a smile. "I'm Desten Damsein. Wish we met under better circumstancers."

Delcan Damsein

"Vendle Korflin." The dwarf looks over his shoulder. "Ye might wanna learn more about dwarves 'fore you come sniffin' 'round here fer help," he says, more concerned than irritated. "Ye don't say those words out loud. Tha castes matter. They matter a lot. I don't gotta caste. Thus, we're worse than nothin'. Tha's all there is to it." He looks ahead again. "I don't see lotsa humans down 'ere. Maybe it's diff'rent fer ye. Ye should try findin' dwarves in the warrior caste. Stout-'earted. Strong."

Zestyn

Desten simply shakes his head as the two continue moving. "I know enough to survive. Can't learn the culture unless you live it." He offered the dwarf a quick grin before continuing. "And top-side, I would be the same as casteless. I could care less about the concept of class based off birth." As Vendle recommended, he laughed a bit. "I've actually already recruited two Legionnaires of the Dead who were apart of the warrior caste. I have enough stout hearts."

Delcan Damsein

"Yer mistaken. We don't even got a class. Up above it would be a dishonor to let us shovel shit instead o' one o' the servant caste." Vendle's pace slowed as a small droplet of blood fell onto the dusty stone floor. He continued to talk as if he did not even notice his injury. "If ye got the legion o' the dead, ye don't need a casteless. I'm tellin' ye fer yer own benefit. Ye gotta make yer way back up te Orzammar proper an' never look back." He paused. "Dinnae wanna say it, 'cause I love me family an' me friends who've been branded, but we ain't good folk, here. Ye're likely te get yer throat cut by any ye take from this place. Th' Carta is as big as it is 'cause there ain't no other choice. Ye rob, ye kill or ye starve or get killed yeself."

Zestyn

Desten slows as well, and this time reaches out with a firm hand to try and stop the dwarf in his tracks. (12) If he did, he'd hover his hand near the wound, and slowly try to heal it to keep it functional. "So why are you helping me then? You gain nothing from it, unless you plan on slitting my throat at the edge of Dust Town."

Delcan Damsein

The dwarf jerked away from Desten (14) with surprising strength considering his state. His hazel eyes inspected the Warden warily but he finally stopped and allowed the healing. "The murderers often got something I can sell," he said remorsefully. "It ain't pretty, but it's what I gotta do te feed all th' hungry mouths. So te answer ye question, I'm helpin' ye because ye dinnae deserve yer fate just fer walkin' into Dust Town lookin' like that. In th' process o' savin' yer sorry arse, I get blades an' scrap te sell."

While they spoke, Desten would see something short and humanoid moving over the rooftops to his right. [8] When he turned his head to look, it was gone.

Zestyn

Desten grimaces at the dwarf and offers a small shrug. "You're granted some coin in the Wardens..." He then looked down towards his own belt at a small bag in his pocket. As he looked to the dwarf again, the movement caught his focus, but because it was gone so quickly he decided it had just been his imagination. "Once we get to the edge of Dust Town, I have a deal to offer you."

Delcan Damsein

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Age Forum Index -> The Frostback mountains All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: