Site Inactive
Membership
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

About Dragon Age

With the Fifth Blight plaguing the lands and Ferelden about to spark into civil war, the survival of your people hangs in the balance.  Make allies and enemies, friends and foes, lovers and rivals alike... but do not forget the looming threat from the underground.

The story so far... 

The Grey Wardens are still the only ones who realize that this is indeed a blight, and have sent out small party to begin recruiting across Ferelden.  While Duncan and King Cailan prepare a force to station in Ostagar, the wardens do their best to bolster their numbers.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: The Battle of Ostagar

The bright sunny day seemed to be an ironic joke, as everyone in the ancient Tevinter fortress quickly and cautiously made preparations for the dark night ahead. Here, at Ostagar, the good King Cailan hoped to turn the darkspawn hoard back into the caves them came from with the Fereldan army and the host of Grey Wardens. The men in the king's ranks seemed either scared or confused, most of them would be terrified during the night. The king would have his legendary battle with the underground monsters, but not everyone else was as excited as he. 

However, at the Grey Warden camp, the mood quite different. In fact, there was even laughter among them at times. Others were somber and instead took to isolation to prepare for the night. But there was no fear found among their ranks. This was their duty, and each of them was ready to fulfill it. 

Their camp was set up a few steps outside of Ostagar, as to allow the Ferelden army their own space to ready themselves. Duncan had stepped away from the center of the camp to speak to a few of the veteran Wardens, while Desten sat propped up against a stump closer towards the tent, sharpening a new longsword the Commander of the Grey had gifted him after his first and successful series of recruiting for the Wardens. The other Wardens were assembled in a variety of groups that ranged from larger circles where boasts of previous victories were shouted, to younger Wardens seeking out the older ones to ask for advice and guidance for the coming battle. 

Delcan Damsein

Since arriving at the camp Dwynwyn had refused to sit still. Wherever she saw a need that she could help out with she would offer to do so. This habit also seemed to help her become acquainted with the group, while at the same time garnered a greater acceptance from them, despite however unusual it might be that she was there. Her attitude was generally friendly to anyone she crossed paths with but still relatively quiet unless addressed or she was volunteering for her next task.

Eventually she would be told, good naturedly, to take a break and so Desten would see her walking toward him holding a large mug with a small smile on her lips. She hesitated, pausing to watch him a moment, then grins to herself as she shakes her head before continuing to close the distance. "This seems familiar." She smirks down at him as she stops before him. "That new?" She includes her head toward the sword then bends down to set the mug on the tree stump behind him. "That's stew, not nameless swill, though." Dwynwyn glances away to the empty space to her left before looking down at him again.

Claudette had never traveled out of Orlais before, but she often thought about it. When arriving in Ferelden, she immediately noticed the difference. Where Orlais liked to focus on looks and relationships, Ferelden seemed to take notice of rank and class and battle. She also noticed the smell. Orlesians often referred to Fereldens as smelling like "wet dog," and she couldn't help but agree.

Arriving at Ostagar, she was, albeit at her own surprise, lost as to what she should do. She was known for knowing what to do in any situation and have a plan, but here and now, she seemed like a lost little girl in an area unknown to her.

Upon looking around, she decided a nearby campfire would be a suitable place to sit and wait for her orders, whatever they would be. Before traveling, she tried her hardest to learn about the Grey Warden initiation, but to no avail. It was a mystery to her, and she never would admit it.

She noticed other men and women walking around and she could pick out the Grey Wardens just by their demenour. They seemed very proud and determined, whereas the other soldiers appeared worried. "Perhaps this battle will go well after all," she thought to herself. She wondered what an assassin like her could do to prove useful in a war, but she was glad she got recruited. If anything, it gave her something new to do.

Katrina Lowe

Desten offered 'wyn a warm smile as she approached, laying the sword in his lap. "Good to still you still up and moving. I'd figured you'd be asleep by now." He then nods in thanks for the soup and gestures to the other corner of the stump. "Relax for a minute." 

He rolled his shoulders a little bit as they stiffened, and he groaned a bit as he thought what his armor would feel like later, light as it was. He then turned the sword around and offered it to 'wyn for closer inspection. "A present from Duncan for bringing him good recruits. I believe he had something for Raelan as well, who was the actually my recruiter." He then blinked and he looked up only to see Claudette and cursed under his breath before letting out a sigh. "Duncan also wanted all the recruits here...."

As if on queue, the Ferelden Commander of the Grey walked easily towards the Orlesian. Once he's a few feet infront of her, he offers a small bow. "Ah, you must be one of our new recruits. I also heard you helped your recruiter with a blood mage. That's no small feat." 

Delcan Damsein

The smile he greeted her with made her glance down momentarily but she finds it too contagious not to make her smile wider. At his gesture she looks down at the tree stump to quickly assess a place to sit. She chooses to perch herself on the edge so she looked down on him, being taller than him for once, and resists the urge to reach out as she glances around to see who was watching them.

The Elf accepts the sword with a nod of understanding as he explains the origin, her free hand briefly clasping his shoulder to squeeze the tense muscle near his neck, then she stands to inspect the sword. "Ah, so it's really thanks to me that you were given this new weapon? Well, you're welcome, Desten." She smirks at him then gives the sword a couple of experimental swings as she paces away from him slightly. Her smile showed that she seemed to agree with the feel of it, testing the weighting of it with one hand then with both, and she gives another nod before walking back to offer it hilt first to him.

She follows his gaze when he looks over to the woman, a stranger to her, then turns her mossy-eyes back to him. "You know her?" The Elf straightens and looks over at the woman again, the edge of her finger brushing her upper lip lightly as she regards her thoughtfully, but turns back to Desten before moving to sit down next to him on the stump again. "You swear a lot, huh?" She nudges him with her arm gently against his shoulder then grins down at him, slumping her shoulders so she can rest her arms on her knees, then she inclines her head toward the woman. "Should I avoid that one, then? If that's your reaction to her, or was that about something else?"

She smiled at the man who approached her and bowed toward him as well, "Thank you, sir. Although it was probably my doing that he attacked the way he did, but he was put down, so I guess all's well that ends well."

She looked around, "I am actually looking for someone, the man who recruited me actually, Desten, do you know where I can find him?" She appeared aloof to those who saw her, but deep down she was kind of excited about this. She wondered what she would be doing to aid the efforts here.

Katrina Lowe

Desten grinned at the elf, raising his eyebrow at her comment. "If that's what you'd like to tell yourself, by all means." He chuckled a bit as she tested the sword, before accepting it back with a nod. At the mention of the Orlesian, he nods his head, before looking back towards the middle of the camp. "She was the woman I recruited from Orlais. Good at killing things from what I saw." He then turned a bit red at her critique of his diction, shrugging. "Eh, only on occasion." As he watched Duncan and Claudette talk, he rolled his other shoulder. "And I was swearing because there are four dwarves and two mages unaccounted for..."

The Warden Commander looks about thoughtfully for a moment, nodding to the younger Warden near the stump, before pointing a finger towards him. "He's right over there. Though I need to talk with both the recruits and recruiters before the battle..." He then looked over again at the younger Warden before waving him over.

The young mage keeps his eyes focused on 'wyn, yet notices the wave from the corner of his eyes. He then offered a calm smile to her. "Come on, I think it's time we got things prepared."

Delcan Damsein

She simply grinned when he teased her back about earning the sword but her amusement faded as he explained his cursing. "Huh, think they made it?" She glances around but didn't see any dwarves or easily identifiable mages. When he asks her to follow she gives a nod then stands. "Sure." Her pale-green eyes rove around a moment until they settle on her fellow recruit and the man she spoke with but she waited for Desten to lead the way before following at his side. She offers each of them a friendly smile, glancing to Desten briefly, then watches the one who had summoned them with quiet expectance.

She smiled as Desten came over and nodded at him "Hello again Desten." she looked at the woman who came over and offered her a nod as well before looking at the obvious Senior Grey Warden with expectancy. 

Katrina Lowe

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Age Forum Index -> The Korcari Wilds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: