Site Inactive
Membership
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed

About Dragon Age

With the Fifth Blight plaguing the lands and Ferelden about to spark into civil war, the survival of your people hangs in the balance.  Make allies and enemies, friends and foes, lovers and rivals alike... but do not forget the looming threat from the underground.

The story so far... 

The Grey Wardens are still the only ones who realize that this is indeed a blight, and have sent out small party to begin recruiting across Ferelden.  While Duncan and King Cailan prepare a force to station in Ostagar, the wardens do their best to bolster their numbers.

View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

re: Among Dangerous People (Orlais) (Recruitment)

The sprawling streets of Val Royeaux were unlike anything the Ferelden mage had ever seen. While Val Royeaux had been his last destination before he became a warden, he never arrived. It did not take him long, however, to find his way to a tavern. He took an empty table towards the back of the hall, opening a book he had 'acquisitioned' from the Weisshaupt library, and began to lose himself in the texts. The hall was large enough to warrant two bar maids, though with the amount of patrons they only needed one. It was relatively kept, much better than any back alley ale house but still humble enough to only attract a plain clientele base. Essentially, a nice place to hide from the outside.

He continously peeked up, however, at the drunken knight constantly harassing the bar maid for some 'extra' services. It was obvious these services would not be rendered, but it didn't seem to dissuade the bald man any. Angry words would be exchanged, each time a bit more violent, but eventually the quiet would settle again and the young man could be left to his reading. 

The rest of the patrons did the same as Desten; remained quiet and un-involved with the knight's business. It was fair assortment of men, each their for different reasons. Nothing unusual, if not boring. But it simply faded away as he peered back towards the lessons the book had to offer.

Delcan Damsein

"No means no" she said to the man, but the bald, brash fellow wasn't having any of it, "Look wench, I came here for entertainment and I expect to get it. I am a high paying customer here and I am sure your boss would agree that he'd like me to remain as one, so do yourself a favor and let's get it going." The woman scoffed and began to walk away to her other tables, but the man grabbed her, "I ain't done with you yet." The woman screamed "Let go of me!" but he only tugged harder.

"You heard the lady, let her go," another woman sauntered over, her long, blonde hair flowing behind her. She was dressed much the same as the other woman, leaving nothing to the imagination of those that viewed her, "She hasn't been in the job long, she doesn't know any tricks, I, however, could satisfy you."

The bald man looked over and glanced the new woman up and down, letting the other one go, clearly pleased with what he saw, "Well then, that's more like it. What's your name, darling?" The woman grinned, "Names are just pretty things we call each other, you may call me the Siren, it's a stage name." The man smiled again and eyed the woman's...assets some more, "Shall we go to the backroom?"

"Oh no, it would be much more fun to do it here, in the open."

Katrina Lowe

Desten quirked a brow as the other woman approached and offered herself in stead. He could have sworn he hadn't noticed her in the ale house earlier, though he was glad she had showed up. Now things would at least be interesting, even if he didn't get to finish his reading. He slowly closed his tome and sat back in his seat, interested in seeing the woman's next move. The frightened bar maid quickly scurried back to the safety of the tavern's owner while she had the chance.

Delcan Damsein

The woman sat on the man's lap and he grinned widely, "The Siren, eh? Sounds mysterious." The woman nodded, "I am mysterious. There are so many secrets I hold that I am sure you wish to know the answers too? What about you, Sir Bennoir, what secrets do you hold?"

The man chuckled, "I have many secrets. I am certain you don't wish to..." the man paused, having realized what was just said, "Wait, how did you know.."

Before he could finish his sentence the woman took out her dagger and stabbed the man's legs. He howled in pain. Two men heard and started running over to him, drawing their swords. The woman took out two more daggers and flipped them behind her, catching them both in the eyes, dropping them. She turned her attention back to the man.

"I know all about you, my lord. I am sure you don't want me spilling every dirty secret you have to the good people of this tavern, so I opt to spill some blood instead." She dug the dagger in a little more and the man struggled to loosen the hold, "What are you talking about, whore?" he screamed, but the woman grinned, "My my, such names, and we were getting along so well."

She turned to face the tavern crowd, "Where to start, well how about your dealings with Tevinter slavers? Selling them some...what did you call them again...ah yes, "merchandise. Or how about you and your fascination with blood magic."

The man screamed, the woman turned to look at him again, but was honestly stunned by what she saw, the man appeared demon like, "Fool!" he bellowed and slammed her hard with a rock fist, sending her flying to the other end of the room.

Katrina Lowe

Desten's curiosity increased as the two men hit the floor, dead. However, curiosity immediately turned to panic as the man revealed his...infliction to the tavern. The mage cursed under his breath as he grabbed the odd looking sword that hung off his pack, raising his left hand as lightening arced towards the blood mage. The attack was easily warded off, though now it's attention was on the warden. Before Desten had even fully stood, they were both locked in a flurry of spells as they flew across the tavern, any occupants left in the building either fleeing or taking cover.

Delcan Damsein

The woman groaned, having been flown from one end of the tavern to the other. She looked up to see the blood mage duking it out with another mage. She saw the tavern goers fleeing for safety.

She picked herself up and watched the two before creeping along the sides.

"Fool, you know not who you are up against!" the blood mage screamed, "I am all powerful! I am destined!" As the blood mage kept launching spells at the man, he continued to taunt, "You are weak! You and this pathetic world will soon be consumed. You will all die! I am.."

"The man who just needs to shut up" the woman said before she dug her dagger into the mans throat and ripped. The man crumpled to a heap on the floor, his blood spilling out on the wooden planks.

She looked up to the other mage, "Next time I get a job, I am definitely doing my research better."

Katrina Lowe

Desten gritted his teeth as he tried to hold his own against the increasingly brutal attacks. But suddenly they stopped, and instead he was left the visage the seductive bar maid. The confusion returned just as quickly as the man's body hit the floor, an incredulous tone creeping into his voice. "Usually the words 'blood magic' are a decent indicator that you should probably be careful."

He dusts the splinters from the surrounding furniture off himself, before putting his sword away and throwing the pack on his back. He throws a coin purse towards the bar counter, hoping it landed near where the owner was hiding. "That's to help with the repairs!"

Delcan Damsein

"Blood mages bleed like anyone else," the woman replied.

She picked up her daggers from the corpses and put them away, "Thank you regardless though for distracting him. Not sure I would have been able to get him with fireballs rushing at my head."

She pocketed her earnings from the man, "Don't suppose I'll be paid now, damn it." she stood up, "Well thanks again, but I better get out of here before the guards start asking questions."

Katrina Lowe

Desten just offered a small smile at that. "True, but they're the only ones that get stronger as they bleed." He then looked at the woman and shrugged his soldiers. "I wouldn't worry. If they're anything like my guards, they'll be content that a blood mage is dead and the other mage was a warden." He then leaned back a bit on his heels to look over the counter as the tavern keeper rose. "Which the owner just heard, correct?" He rocks back as he's offered a nod from the man.

Delcan Damsein

The owner nodded and proceeded to pick up the mess that was made.

"A Warden?" the woman asked. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be battling the Archdemon right about now? Surely that is more of a cause than sitting in a tavern and battling a blood mage?" Despite her demeanor, her curiosity was peaked by the man.

Katrina Lowe

Desten sighed a bit at that, folding his arms over his chest as he deflated. "Well...that's the reason I'm here. We find ourselves in need of some...capable help. And I'm here to recruit whatever the capital city has to offer." 

Delcan Damsein

"Might I suggest looking elsewhere then? There's not that much talent here, sadly." She looked around, "You saw all of them, couldn't hold a butter knife without stabbing themselves."

She bowed at the man, "I wish you luck in your endeavor though, sir. I really must be off though, the guards might be happy a blood mage is dead, but let's just say I am not on their list for a party invitation.

Katrina Lowe

Desten simply quirks his eyebrow again at the notion. "Why, did you cut a few of their throats as well?"

Delcan Damsein

She smirked, "Funny." she shook her head, "No, this isn't my first time using a blade to end a life. It won't be the last either, I am sure. Even if the men I've killed deserve it, the guards don't see it that way." She found it on she was confessing herself to this man, but a Warden demands respect, even if they do not ask for it.

"I don't think I got your name?"

Katrina Lowe

Desten just smiles at that. "You didn't. Nor did I get your's." He then just offers his right hand to her. "My name is Desten. Thanks for the help."

Delcan Damsein

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragon Age Forum Index -> Foreign Lands All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: